What’s Happening To The Souls of Black Women...

    As her sons, brothers, fathers are victims of police brutality and/or other forms of genocide—what happens to a mother that has to see and hear audible footage of her son being brutally murdered in the street, and hearing him helplessly calling for his momma? What happens to her soul as it’s taunted by the haunting sound of his cries? She dies. Little by by little it eats away at her soul... bit by bit, she withers. Is it an unintended consequence or part of the strategy? Am I overthinking... creating a conspiracy?  I am a mother and I have a mother’s heart, so I feel what this does. With stealth it kills a a Black woman every time they kill one of her Black men. Every, mother, sister, wife, auntie dies a slow death as a piece of her soul is severed. And every time it happens “again” Travon’s, Eric’s, Ahmaud’s, Philando’s, Nolan’s mothers have to relive their tragedy “again.” And not to overlook daughters lost to this plight—Sandra, Breonna, MyKayla... so many names that I am not remiss to miss, just too distraught to list! How many times can one heart break? How many wounds can her heart take? She dies slowly when her son is lying on the ground suffocating because a cop’s knee is in his neck and she has to hear/see live footage of him crying for his momma... his momma! Killing a Black mother ( a Black woman) slowly... 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Grieving Chronicles: LaTosha🌹

Familicide—Domestic Violence Against Women 🖤💜🌹

What It Means To Cry Mommy🕊️🤍